Disability Advocacy Service (DAS) is offering free advocacy training with the To Stand Beside Workshop by Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability (VALID).
The advocacy training program is a two-day intensive workshop aimed at disability support workers, family members, planners, coordinators, managers, and paid or unpaid advocates who are involved in supporting, assisting or representing people with disabilities.
The two-day workshop will run from 9:30am – 4:00pm on Thursday 28th February and Friday 1st March 2019 at The Coolibah Room, The Mercure Hotel, 34 Stott Terrace, Alice Springs. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
If you would like to register to attend this training, or would like more information, contact Vanessa Sullivan at Disability Advocacy Service, via phone 08 8953 1422 or email [email protected] You can also view a brochure and flyer for this training program below.
Please note, spots for this two-day workshop are limited so if you’re interested, register as soon as possible!
From To Stand Beside: Advocacy for Inclusion Training Program, you will gain a:
• greater knowledge of advocacy concepts and principles
• deeper understanding of personal values
• greater appreciation of the advocacy role inherent to all who
work in the disability sector
• greater awareness of the potential conflicts of risk inherent
to the advocacy role
• stronger framework for dealing with advocacy-related issues
• ‘tool box’ full of practical ideas/strategies
Links to more information:
- To Stand Beside: Advocacy for Inclusion Training Program Brochure
- To Stand Beside: Advocacy for Inclusion Training Program Flyer