Peer Support Officer
Based in Alice Springs with some external travel to Amoonguna and Tennant Creek.
Casual or Permanent Part-Time Position for duration of contract with the possibility of extension.
Salary at SCHADS Award Level 4 to 5, based on experience.
Contact: Janet Wright, CEO – 0439 458 150 or 8953 1422
Expressions of interest accepted by email: [email protected] or drop into the DAS office in Reg Harris Lane, Mon-Fri 9:00 – 4:30.
- Identifying interested persons and coordinating the development of a small working group of people with lived experience of disability to meet monthly
- Increasing awareness through community engagement about the inclusion of people with disability in Central Australia
- Leading a variety of groups and assisting with coordination of monthly social events
- Supporting people with lived experience of disability by raising awareness and advocating
- Engaging with trainers and educators to share information on supports for people with a disability
- Coordinate a casual pool of other Peer Support Officers
- Experienced in the disability sector
- Basic abilities to use a computer and office equipment
- Be a family member or individual with a disability
Identified position for someone with a Disability, family member or carer would be considered.